Sleep is so important for health, weight management, and your everyday life. Young adults need to be getting the recommended 7-9 hours a night. I take my sleep very seriously, here are my top 5 ways to get the critical shut eye that we all need!
- Have a routine: Going to bed around the same time every night has made a big difference for me. I take all my makeup off and begin my nighttime routine, actually taking the time to focus on my skin and just unwinding after the long day. It becomes almost a ritual and really gets me ready for bed.
- Essential oils: I bought this diffuser off of amazon and love it (pictured), I use lavender or tea tree oil to help me relax I’ve also noticed my skin is a lot more refreshed upon waking up because I keep it right next to my bed and it works as a mini humidifier.
- Memory Foam Mattress Pad: Now this is a little more of an investment, I bought this one off of Amazon. It has made a huge difference in my comfort level instead of using my old pillow topper. The only knock is that it’s so comfy sometimes it’s hard to get out of bed in the morning!
- Silk Pillow Case: Regular cotton pillowcases pull at hair and leaves you with split ends and bed head. The easiest way to fix this is sleeping with a silk pillow case. Not only is it better for your hair and skin but it stays cool all night for extra comfort.
- Melatonin: I use this supplement when all else fails, about twice a month when I absolutely cannot sleep (only 1MG – Amazon sells up to 10!). It will put you right out, but be careful because if you’re not careful, you will wake up late the next morning! But if absolutely necessary it will give you those beautiful 7-9 hours your need!
Do you have any tips? Let me know below!