Now that most of my hair has grown back, I’m focusing on growing it long and healthy, below are my top 7 tips to achieve this!
- Frequent “dusting”: I get my hair “cut” every 6 weeks. And I don’t just say trim the ends anymore. I asked my stylist about what to ask for while trying to grow your hair out. And she said dusting is just taking off the very, very spilt ends. Instead of cutting and inch or two off which is just setting you back!
- Castor Oil: Pure castor oil on my roots has made a huge difference on my roots and growing my hair faster. It’s shown to help with growth and scalp health. If the roots aren’t healthy, the ends sure won’t be!
- Coconut Oil: I have a major obsession with coconut oil, and a DIY hair mask is one of my favorite ways to use it. I just slather it all over my ends before I shower, throw it up in a shower cap and wait 2o minutes to a couple hours depending on the day and then wash out! It keeps my hair healthy and shining, even in the winter months.
- Vitamins: I use biotin and fish oil to keep my locks healthy and growing.
- Fewer Heat Tools: I attempt to air dry my hair as much as possible, harsh heat from a blow dryer or curling iron is the fastest way to dry out your ends. If you have to use them always use a heat protector!
- Fewer Washes: The biggest thing that has helped my hair grow and get brittle is washing every other day instead of every day. It allows my scalp to create its natural oils.
- Silk Pillowcase: I have a slight love affair with my pillowcase, not only does the pure silk help me get my best beauty sleep, but it doesn’t snag at my hair creating frizz and breaks like cotton does. So I can always wake up with great hair and not bed head! While keeping my locks shiny and healthy.
Do you have any hair tips? Let me know below!