I don’t know about everyone else but I am so happy 2017 is finally over. It has been such a crazy year for me, so many highs and lows. I am so excited to see what 2018 has in store for me and I am ready to start crushing my goals. I spent the last night of the year surrounded by friends laughing all night. Which is exactly what I needed to end my year off on a good note.
Since it’s now been a month since I set my early resolutions, here are my updates to the goals I set and some minor changes just as I realized some are hard to track.
- Pay off one credit card fully – paid off 5% in the last month, small start but it’s getting there
- Save $1,000 – Saved $200 (20% of the way there!)
- Go out to eat or drinks only once a week – off to a rough start, I visited home so of course, I met for drinks and meals with all of my hometown friends. This is going to be a hard habit for me to break
- Lose 5 pounds – Lost 5.2 pounds, granted I had the stomach flu during Christmas week so I’m not sure how legit that is
- A vegetable at every meal – I’m going to drop this from the list as I realized I already do this so it’s not really a big change
- Drink a gallon of water a day – I’ve been tracking this when I’m in the office and so far so good, I need to track when I am on the weekends for this one to be actually able to be tracked
- 9,000 steps a day – My average last month was 8,503 a day so close but not quite there
- At least two posts a week – To not get burnt out I am changing this to once a week, as I did manage to get that done in the month of December
- Use phone less in general, especially at work – Putting my phone on silent helped with this a lot especially if I put it face down, I still have a long way to go on breaking this habit
- Read one book a month – This month I finished “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg, it was so informative on so many levels. I highly suggest it and hope that I can take what I learned into the new habits I’m trying to creates
What resolutions or goals did you set for yourself this year? Let me know below!