This year started with the longest January ever, I feel like we’ve been in the new year for 6 months and it’s only been 1!
It was an amazing month though! The highlight being my last minute trip to Utah! I seriously loved it out there, I would love to move somewhere with mountains and seasons one day!
Since it’s now been two months since I set my early resolutions, here are my updates to the goals I set last year, I also changed the title from resolutions to goals as I think it better represents the purpose of these posts!
(If I accomplished the goal this month I underlined it.)
- Pay off one credit card fully – I actually started using the app: DebtPayoffPlanner to easier track the percentages. So with this new app starting over this progress, I have officially paid off 2%! I have a long way to go but it feels amazing watching the amount drop!
- Save $1,000 – Saved $250 (25% of the way there!)
- Go out to eat or drinks only once a week – this one has been hard to track with all the travel but I have been so good about prepping my food each week this month that I’m counting this one as a success this month.
- Lose 5 pounds – Since Nov 30th I have lost 7 pounds! My clothes are getting looser, my lulu’s size 8 barely stay up! So this goal has been completed! I really attribute this to cutting gluten out of my diet and getting my steps in. My next goal is to lose 10 pounds overall!
- Drink a gallon of water a day – I’ve been tracking this when I’m in the office and decently on the weekends, I didn’t track at all in Utah but according to MyFitnessPal I have consumed an average of 101 a day. So I was close but I need to get better at tracking this.
- 9,000 steps a day – My average last month was 10,412 a day so I crushed this one!
- Post at least one post per week – I had 9 posts in January so I doubled this one and am so happy I’ve kept it consistent!
- Use phone less in general, especially at work – Putting my phone on silent helped with this a lot especially if I put it face down, I still have a long way to go on breaking this habit.
- Read one book a month – This month I finished “The Casual Vacancy” by J.K. Rowling. It is a pretty long book but a quick read! I’ll be honest, this book was well written but just strange for me. There was a lot of adult content that I wasn’t expecting, I think if it wasn’t J.K. Rowling I would have enjoyed it more. Her just being the queen of Hogwarts and my childhood made the adult themes odd for me. Also, some of the British dialogue was pretty hard me follow. I would recommend it for a long weekend if you just pretend J.K Rowling wasn’t the author.
What resolutions or goals did you set for yourself this year? Let me know below!